East Torrens is not currently a zoned school but due to pressure on numbers the school cannot accept enrolments from students living outside the immediate school area (that is, if we are not your closest public school) UNLESS we have vacancies at the year level requested. You may have your name placed on a waiting list to be contacted by the school if a vacancy becomes available.
The enrolment process at our school is as follows:
- make an appointment for an interview with our Principal for you and your child
- bring proof of your child's birth age - e.g. birth certificate, passport or official Centrelink documentation stating the child's name and birth date
- bring proof of residence documents – e.g. gas or electricity bill; copy of your property's contract of sale; rental agreement or bond receipt; parenting order from the Family Court with the address of a full-time carer
Blended families living in a de facto relationship will need to provide proof of residence that proves both parties reside at that address.
It is extremely important that student residency details and contact details are correct and up to date.
- complete and lodge an application form - the Principal or designated staff can help you with the form and any questions
Click here for our enrolment form72KB PDF
Email us about enrolling your child
You may be asked about:
- your child's interests / learning needs
- emergency contact numbers
- custody issues
- immunisation records, medical information and health care needs
- friends/family already attending the school or starting at the same time
Any information you provide to us about your child and family is kept confidential and may be used when necessary in the best interests of your child.