The Australian Curriculum: Geography aims to ensure that children and young people develop:
• a sense of wonder, curiosity and respect about places, people, cultures and environments throughout the world
• a deep geographical knowledge of their own locality, Australia, the Asia region and the world
• the ability to think geographically, using geographical concepts
• the capacity to be competent, critical and creative users of geographical inquiry methods and skills
• as informed, responsible and active citizens who can contribute to the development of an environmentally and economically sustainable, and socially just world.