CURRICULUM @ ETPS
At East Torrens Primary School the core curriculum encompasses English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, The Arts, Languages (Italian), Health and Physical Education and Technologies.
The Australian Curriculum sets out the core knowledge, understanding, skills and General Capabilities for all Australian students. The Australian Curriculum describes the learning entitlement of students as a foundation for their future learning, growth and active participation in their community. It provides a clear outline of the National Curriculum across all year levels as students progress through their schooling. It is the foundation for high quality teaching to meet the needs of all Australian students.
The Australian Curriculum includes 7 General Capabilities:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Capability
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
- Intercultural Understanding
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
Cross-Curriculum priorities are embedded in all learning areas.
Please visit www.australiancurriculum.edu.au
and Australian Curriculum Parent Information for more information.
The specialist areas taught at East Torrens Primary School are:
- The Arts
- First Language (Arabic, Chinese and Hindi/Punjabi)